I spent most of yesterday researching some business ideas for the public relations freelancers niche, and specifically as an option for women returning to work after childcare breaks who find their options more limited. So I was pleased to come across this great post from Chris Brogan: Social Media Starter Moves for Freelancers. If you’re a freelancer hoping to use social media to get work, here’s a quick summary:
- Make your blog your storefront.
- Kill all the extraneous stuff from it.
- Write posts that establish your experience and abilities in the industry.
- Write other posts that promote other people, too.
- Contribute beyond the walls of your blog.
- Attend real time events, too.
- Consider if you want to add audio and video.
- Give to get.
- Ask for the sale.
If you are a freelancer, pop over to the post and comment on what else you want to share with people seeking Starter Moves? What’s your take on this advice? What can YOU do to help freelancers?"